Clyde is quite the behind-the-scenes helper over here at Chameleon HQ. Every one of my designs is co-created with his help and keen reptilian sense of style, and must get a final nod from him before I can share with all of you. He is always eager to give his stamp of approval to my new patterns with glee (if not stealing a few for snacks in the process). Clyde loves his day to day here surrounded by colorful yarn and soft creations, so much so that he barely takes a break.
Lately he has been a bit of a drama queen and seeming not quite his normal cheerful self. Often these days he has been a bit more of a grumpy pants chameleon, than his usual smiles and sunshine. When Lacey, my sweet little lady bug, flew off the beginning of the month without so much a nibble I knew something was off. I asked Beatrice, my bumble bee, what the buzz was, and to see if she had heard anything within the hive. When she responded letting me know that he has been so busy mumbling letters and number codes to stop and chase a snack, I knew he needed some time off, and soon!
Do you ever think it’s hard to convince yourself to take a vacation away, when every day is spent doing what you love? Try attempting to convince a stubborn and sassy chameleon. It took a lot of side glances, days of talking to the tail, and a lot of cricket bribery on my part. There were moments that I almost needed the vacation myself just from trying to convince him that he desperately needed one. Lucky for us, I am just as stubborn as he is, and finally he agreed to consider… but only on his terms (in typical Clyde fashion).
Part of what Clyde loves so much about the amazing crochet communities that he is part of is the people. He loves seeing all the amazing places and corners of the world that this group of talented humans call home. He loves seeing the creations that come across, made by people with help of their animal friends. Who can blame him? The crochet community never ceases to amaze with talent, time and again. He now wants the chance to head out and really see some of the world he has been made aware of outside, meet some of these wonderful people and perhaps learn a few tips and tricks along the way.
While this sounds an awful lot like a clever chameleon’s way to turn a simple week off into a summer long party I had to admit it was a fantastic idea. I agreed, making him promise to check in and let me know what he has been up to and take a ton of pictures along the way. I don’t think I have ever seen a reptile start packing his bags so quickly. Then again, who wouldn’t? He’d just been given a green light to a summer to remember, of course he is ready to go!
I know I can handle the fort here just fine while he is gone, and with all of you helping me keep tabs on the little guy, I know he will be well looked after while he is out having the vacation of a life time. What a lucky lizard! I’m actually kind of jealous.
So what do you say, are you up to helping me track how Clyde spends his summer vacation?
Excellent!! Let’s get started!
First, you will need to head on over to my Clyde pattern and make a Clyde of your very own. Don’t be afraid to get creative! Clyde has as many colors as he does moods.
After you get to know the little champ, take him on a tour show him the ropes around your neck of the woods, take him to your favorite hot spots or bring him with you on vacation! Just be sure to pack some meal worm munchies if you will be at inside adventures.
Maybe bring him to the beach to teach him to ride some waves or perhaps let him be your honorary bug catcher while camping, he is very good at it!
Want to have him tag along to a theme park and ride a roller coaster, He loves the loops (but no, I do NOT really let him eat 5 cotton candy first no matter what he claims)
In fact, take him anywhere & everywhere, grabbing snapshots of him having the time of his life (or some funny misadventures). Then send the picture (s) to me with as a brief description of the time you shared to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, don’t forget to tag #cheerfulclyde if sharing on social media platforms! Have fun with this part, Clyde has a certain amount of sass, and lately he has ton to spare. I know he isn’t leaving it all here in Florida when he goes, so let’s make sure he burns burns some of that up along the way shall we?
Clyde will be returning home this October so he can attend the Crochet Crowd Walt Disney World Stitch Social with me, and also meet up with his good friend Pascal to brag about his summer away. I will be happy to have his help as we wrap things up in pure Disney magic style, so please make sure you get those entries out to me no later than Oct 20th. Send as many pictures and stories as you wish during the event!
As a bonus for helping me look out for the little guy this summer, there is not just one, but two ways to be eligible for a chance to win some goodies!
Picture & adventure Contest- All pictures sent in will be shared in a gallery right here on The Cheerful Chameleon site. Voting will be opened Oct 23rd and remain open through Oct 29th and will be open to everyone. The top 3 entries that receive the most votes will win. Enter as many times as you wish for this section. This is where your creativity and your adventure has a chance to shine!
Random Drawing: All remaining entries will then be entered into a random drawing (max 3 entries per person) and 3 additional winning names will be drawn.
Prizes!! What about the good stuff?
Exact prizes are still being collected and assembled. There will be yarn (of course!), patterns from myself as well as some of your other favorite designers, and more fun items, notions and goodies!
I will have more details for you shortly as to the exact bundles, however I can promise you that you will not want to miss your chance to enter.
There will also be a ton of fun pop up events all summer long over here on my blog and my facebook page, mini games and contests with more chances to win patterns and prizes! This is going to be a summer you do not want to miss.
Chameleon check list (rules and stuff)
- Share the word of this adventure and Clyde with your friends by sharing a link to my blog, please do not copy & share the pattern by itself.
- Your Clyde may be made in the same yarn as pattern calls for, or in any color or weight of yarn, with or without spots, dress him up in costumes, just as long as it is recognizable as Clyde, your entry will be valid!
- Keep it clean folks! While some sass and humor is more than welcome, please remember that The Cheerful Chameleon is a family friendly business, and profanity or distasteful photos will result in instant disqualification.
- Email your vacation with Clyde description and unmarked image(s) * (jpg or png, minimum 800 x 800 pixels) , and your Name, to Clyde@thecheerfulchameleon.com by no later than 11:59pm est Oct 20th to enter. Winners will be announced Oct 30th. *If you wish to send a watermarked version as well, feel free to do so and I will utilize the watermarked image in all other areas outside of the main voting gallery.*
- By submitting a picture entry, you are agreeing to permit me the rights to use the submitted pictures in social media and for promoting the current event and/or Clyde. If you wish to have credit back in cases of usage please include link back location or name in entry.
- Everyone is welcome to enter regardless location. Shipping for prizes won within the USA & Canada will be included. Winners outside these two locations may incur shipping charges depending on their location. Please be aware that some countries also require a customs tax on imports. Import tax is the responsibility of the receiving party and cannot be covered by the sender (me) by law.
- If you have any further questions, or would like to donate prizes please contact me over at email@example.com, or on FB, IG or Ravelry. or If you are a crochet designer and would like to be involved with a special “crochet celebrity spotting” feature please contact me for details on how you can join in on the fun as a guest post on my site during the event.