Flynn the Flying Fox Bat Amigurumi Crochet Pattern
Flynn the Flying fox may look big and scary but he is the cuddliest sweetest fruit bat in town. This larger size fella loves to give extra big hugs
- This pattern is written in English using US terminology.
- Intermediate Skill level required. While I have made this as easy as possible to understand, previous crochet knowledge is needed of basic stitches and techniques. This pattern is both worked in the round and in rows.
- This Pattern is wired.
- Flynn is approx. 3 feet across with wings spread and 14" head to feet
- All of my crochet patterns go through a testing and editing process prior to release.
Flynn is made of 5 colors of worsted weight (4) and one color DK weight cotton (3) yarn and uses 6 hook sizes (2.75mm, 4mm, & 6mm)
Worsted Weight yarn breakdown
500 yards Main Color (wings, upper arm, Arm Back, Back, legs & lower body)
150 yards Second Color (lower body, upper arm, arm back, back, legs, face & head)
40 yards Third color (face & head)
80 yards Chest 1 -(Chest & back)
80 yards Chest 2 - (Chest & back)
DK Yarn: I highly recommend Paintbox cotton for this
235 yards Cotton DK (lower arm, fingers, toes, ears, nose)
2.75mm, 4mm, & 6mm hooks
Eyes Used: 20mm (2) Galaxy Eyes by Suncatcher Craft Eyes.
18-20 gauge wire floral wire
Wire brush or velcro for fuzzing body
Yarn needle, Stitch marker, Stuffing, Pins & Scissors
- Full color pdf, with helpful photos, in addition to a print only section for ease.
- Video walkthrough of assembly (does not include step by step video instructions of pieces)
- ALL of my crochet patterns come with full follow up support. If you ever find yourself in need of assistance, or simply have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to reach out at any of the included platforms listed within the pattern.
- While I do my best to respond within 24 hours (often sooner), please allow up to 48 hours for a reply (especially over holidays and weekends)
- Handmade crafters and small business owners are welcome to sell any handmade items made from this pattern.
This pattern itself, any photos, and text in whole or in parts is ©The Cheerful Chameleon & © Charlyn Smith, and not to be reproduced, redistributed, or displayed publicly in any way.